Friday, June 12, 2009

We take a Hostage

I am desperately trying to reach my sponsorship goal by the July 10th deadline. Most people on my team just send reminder e-mails out to their co-workers every pay-day. Problem for me, I don't have a job and I have spent most of my time volunteering in public schools. I absolutely love the people I work with there and many of them have already sponsored me but how to you continue to ask people for money that 1. work for schools that are about to take three months off without pay, 2. Have just been hit with lay-offs and know there are more to come and 3. don't get paid enough in the first place?

Well, sad to say, I resorted to kidnapping, yes, I stole the mascot, actually Jake did it. We also followed the government (Bush administration) approved guidelines for torture and we made a video so they would know I am serious. I am hoping this ploy works and that it works fast, mostly because I don't want to be stuck with this giant bear at my house much longer. My husband actually suggested he take a picture of myself and the bear "spooning" in bed last night. I hope I don't have to go there!

1 comment: